Safety Training Centre
The establishment of the Dragages Hong Kong Safety Training Centre is one of our key company objectives in 2011, which aligns with the principle of Actitudes – “Lead our business sectors in terms of occupational health and safety”. Dragages Hong Kong aims to eradicate all unsafe acts which may still be common in the industry through the provision of practical training with the aid of site simulations in a safe working environment.
Nicolas Borit, Managing Director of Dragages Hong Kong, together with Mrs. Marigold Lau, Director of Architectural Services; Mr. Tsui Wai, Deputy Director of Drainage Services; and Mr. TC Chew, Projects Director of MTR officiated the opening of this 1,000 sqm custom-designed building with 500 sqm working area on 23rd February 2011.
In early 2016, the Centre relocated to an expanded multi-functional facility of 2,300 sqm in Fo Tan.
A 1-day basic safety training course (Orange Card) is compulsory and free-of-charge for all people working on Dragages Hong Kong work sites.
Specific training programmes on various fronts can be found in this Centre – such as working at height operations, which is one of the main causes of serious accidents in Hong Kong.
Other enhanced training courses include:
- Safe Working at Height Training
- Lifeline Installation Training
- Banksman Training
- Traffic Management Training
- Major Construction Safety Regulation Training
- Method Statement and Risk Assessment Training
- Hazard Identification Recognition Training
- Mobile Scaffolding Training
- Scaffold Safety Awareness Training
- Suspension Trauma Training
- Manual Handling Operation Training
- Chemical Hazard Communication Training
- Electricity Safety Awareness Training
- Safe Use of Power Tools Training
- Hand and Power Tools Training
- Hand Protection/Hand Injuries Training
- LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) Training
- Abrasive Wheel and Grinding Training
- Tunneling Safety Awareness Training
- Working on or near water Training
- Sustainability/Environment Training
- Near Miss Reporting Training
- Accident Investigation/Reporting Training
- Auditing Awareness Training
- Fire Marshal Training
- Half-day office safety training
- 3-and-a-half-day Safety Motivation Training for Engineers, Foreman and Supervisors
Apart from the provision of training courses for our workers and staff, the Centre also provides training approved by the Labour Department to the public:
- Mandatory Basic Safety Training (Green Card)
- Half day Green Card Refresher Course
- Safety Training for Certified Workers of Confined Spaces Operation
- Experienced Operators of Dumper Training
- Safety Library and Showroom
- Safety Training Classrooms
- Safety Workshop – consists of site simulations including work at height, confined space, fixed and mobile scaffolding, lifting operations, moving plant, manual handling and practical assessment corner.
Community relations is always high on our agenda, the Centre works in partnership with nearby schools to provide a Fire and Electricity Awareness at Home course for students.
About the Centre
The Centre is equipped with various facilities, simulating real work environment.