Innovation and sustainability are the core principles behind the design and construction of the Trade and Industry Tower, and our project placed strong emphasis on energy conservation and greening as early as in the design stage. Our excellence in sustainable construction has been honoured by a number of highly respected awards since 2014. In March 2017, the project team won the “Sustainability Achievement of the Year” award in the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) Awards Hong Kong 2017.
This successful attainment of the highest standards in sustainability served as another testament to Dragages Hong Kong’s track record as the market-leader in sustainable construction practices.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Site Area: 0.83 hectares (8,276 sqm)
- Construction Floor Area: 65,730 sqm
- The Tower: 22 storeys, housing 13 Government departments and a community hall
- Year: 2012 – 2015
- 2017 – Sustainability Achievement of the Year, by RICS
- 2015 – Special Architectural Award (3S – Standardisation, Simplification, and Single Integrated Element), by Architectural Services Department, the Hong Kong Government
- 2014 – Grand Award in the “Buildings Under Construction – New Buildings” category, by the Hong Kong Green Building Council
- 13.5m-wide, column-free office space
- 75% of all work areas receive sunlight
- 42% green ratio over the 8,276 sqm site
- 55% of the roof area covered by high emissivity material – 25.62% achieved by greenery
- 486 sqm of thin-film photovoltaic panels with 42.8kW maximum power output
- 20% less energy consumed through the connection to the District Cooling System, as compared to conventional air conditioning system using cooling tower